Sunday, March 29, 2009
Here is the latest design in the nesting set series, owls in fun spring colors. They're based on my matryoshka doll design. I'm still tweaking with the design details, but for now I'm happy with the shape and size.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Out with the old- in with the new, spring has sprung around here. We've been out in the yard taming weeds and laying out new planters. This means I haven't been sewing quite as much as I would like to. My daughter on the other hand is on spring break and has time to sew. She made this very cute bag out of a halter top. She has a whole bag of clothes just waiting to be re-purposed. I can hardly wait to see what she comes up with.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
This is the first quilt I've completely finished this year. I made the quilt top last year. I have to admit my favorite part of quilting is designing and sewing the top. This one was made from a wide variety of scraps. And no it didn't make a dent in the scrap pile. I keep trying. Stashbusters (a yahoo group) has a hundred yard dash challenge that started late last year. The goal is to use up 100 yards of fabric from your stash. They do give specific guidelines as to how the fabric used is counted. Since I got a late start and many of my projects are quite small (under 5") My personal goal is a 50 yard dash. I like to set realistic goals.